Who We Are
· The majority of members of the SELAC is comprised of parents of children with special needs.
· Other attendees include special education teachers, regular education teachers, administrators,
individuals with special needs, and community members with an interest in special education.
What We Do
· Advise the school district on matters concerning the unmet needs of students with special needs.
· Make recommendations on special education policy issues
· Connect families of children with special needs to individuals and agencies offering info and support in
developing, planning and preparing for the education process required to meet their child’s needs.
· Act as a local resource for families with concerns about their child’s educational needs.
Who Should Get Involved?
· Parents and/or guardians of children with special needs.
· Parents, educators, and community members who are interested in special education.
Why Get Involved?
· To have input into programs that could affect your child.
· To advocate more effectively for your child.
· To support your child as well as other children in the special education community.