Themission of the South Kingstown School Department, in partnership withfamilies and the entire educational community, is to educate ALL of ourstudents in the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure readiness andsuccess in college and career
- South Kingstown is a town in Washington County, Rhode Island, United States.
- The population was 30,639 at the 2010 census.
- South Kingstown includes the villages of Kingston, West Kingston, Wakefield, Peace Dale, Snug Harbor, Tuckertown, East Matunuck, Matunuck, and Green Hill.
- The town of South Kingstown was formed in 1722 when the former Kings Towne was split into two parts. In 1888 a narrow strip of land running along the eastern bank of the Pettaquamscutt River to the shore of Narragansett Bay was separated from South Kingstown to form the Town of Narragansett.
- Current land area is 57.1 square miles and the highest elevation is 240 feet.
- The University of Rhode Island is located in the village of Kingston.